Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Bridge

What I expected:  A puzzle game in the spirit of M.C. Esher.  Huge Mind Fuckery

What I got:  A puzzle game in the spirit of M.C. Esher.  Slight Mind Fuckery

What I liked:  The controls are super simple, and I enjoyed the idea of traversing through a house for the various levels.  The puzzles were also fairly fun to figure out.  Once you beat the game, it unlocks the "Mirrored" world, which is all the same levels but mirrored AND with some extra level of difficulty thrown in.  
I like how the Mirrored world really amped up the difficulty, but it should be noted I moved on before even finishing the first set of levels in the mirrored world.

What I didn't like:  Once I hit the mirrored world I lost all desire to play the game.  I suspect this is due to the fact that the world is too similar to what I already completed.

Final thoughts:   Pretty fun game, that is a slight mind fuck.  I

How much did I pay:  $12

How many hours did I play:   2

Dollar per Hour:  $6

How much would I pay for this game in perfect hindsight:  $5

Why?   A cool creative game that deserves support, but $12 is a bit much for only 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment